These are the instructions for a Gmail account, to find the instructions for another service try searching for the SMTP settings for that email service. The set up should be very similar.
The only thing you need to do to finish up the email notification for a Gmail account would be:
1. Log into Gmail-go to settings- Select Forwarding and POP/IMAP- POP Download: Enable POP for all mail(even mail that’s already been downloaded)
2. Select Profile icon- Click on My Account-Sign-in & Security-Connected apps & sites-Allow less secure apps: ON
After doing these two things if everything is set up correctly it should work.
Once you have that set up and working correctly you can add another receiver like Yahoo if you would like.
How far Apart Can I Set up My Wireless Cameras?
The environment, particularly barriers such as cement walls, steel structures, or large trees, play a big role in transmission distance. A wifi camera will typically transmit well for about 150 feet outdoors and 50 feet indoors.
How Much is Shipping?
We offer free standard shipping on any HD IP surveillance camera. We deliver anywhere in the contiguous United States, and most orders take 2-5 business days to arrive via FedEx Ground.
How Do I Set up Remote Viewing for My Surveillance System?
Assuming you have the IP address of the NVR/DVR, there is a 4-step process to set up remote viewing. Learn more about remote view camera set-up here.
Where Do I Change the Camera Name on my Security System?
Go to Menu/Camera Management/Advanced/Basics/IP Camera Name. You can learn more about how to create or change camera names here.
Do the Cameras Have a Feature That Allows Me to Live View on My Phone and Record at the Same Time?
Yes. Each wifi camera is equipped for simultaneous live viewing and recording. Simply download the app to your mobile device to live view in real time. At the same time, recorded video is stored on the HDD of the surveillance system. You can download the recording to your mobile device as well. You can not record video you are live viewing on your mobile device in real time.
How do I Set Up a Wireless NVR?
Click here for clear, 9-step instructions on how to set up a wireless NVR. Note that the system must be powered on to set up.
How Can I Schedule Recordings?
You can fully customize your security camera system to perpetually record, only when motion-activated, or on a set schedule. You can even mix and match settings. For instance, you could set one camera on a high traffic entryway to record 24/7, but low traffic areas such as a stock room to only record when motion is triggered to maximize your storage efficiency.
Can I Access a Feed from My Wifi Camera on My Cell Phone?
Yes. View your recordings or live footage anytime, anywhere! You can even and receive mobile push notifications. Stay connected at all times to your wifi camera system by simply downloading the free LaView Connect app, and enjoy your new window into your home.
Which is Better, a Bullet Camera, or a Dome Camera?
These actually serve different purposes, as the dome camera is intended to provide discrete monitoring that may well go unnoticed, while the bullet camera is intended to be conspicuous, and serve as something of a deterrent to criminals. Learn all about dome vs. bullet cameras here.
Can I Add Cameras Over the Security Network?
Yes. Cameras do not have to always be connected directly to the NVR to be tied into the network. You can use a switch on the network that connected to the same router as your NVR. This is true whether you have a 4 camera security system, an 8 camera security system, and a 16 camera security system. Please follow these steps to set this up:
- Connect the camera to your router using an Ethernet cable. Also, use a 12v power supply to power the camera. You can find an AC adapter, 12V here, if, needed.
- Once the camera is powered on and connected to the network, use our network search tool pick up the IP address. If you do not have the Search software, you can download it here (Make sure to disable any anti-virus or malware protection software before installation):
- Make sure the computer or laptop you are using is connected to the same network as the cameras and NVR.
- Once the camera is on the network it should show up on the software. Make sure the IP address matches the network IP address of your network.
Log into the NVR and go to Camera>Camera Management, click on Manual Add, and enter the IP information for the camera. Use the default username: admin password: 123456