Yes, you can add cameras over the network, they do not have to always be connected directly to the NVR. You can use a switch on the network that connected to the same router as your NVR. Please follow these steps to set this up:
- Connect the camera to your router using an Ethernet cable. Also, use a 12v power supply to power the camera.
- Once the camera is powered and connected to the network, use our SADP software to pick up the IP address. If you do not have the SADP software, you can download it here(Make sure to disable any anti-virus or malware protection software before SADP installation): http://www.laviewsecurity.com/files/software/sadptool_v18.104.22.168build20150911.exe
- Make sure the computer or laptop you are using is connected to the same network as the cameras and NVR
- Once the camera is on the network it should show up on the SADP software. Make sure the IP address matches the network IP address of your network.
5. Log into the NVR and go to Camera>Camera, click on the Edit (Paper & pen. Chang the Adding Method to Manual and Enter camera IP information-OK.